Sunday, November 14, 2010

Bubbles From The Old Ursuline Convent




















Built in 1752 this New Orleans landmark is the oldest surviving examples of the French colonial period. On Thursday, the historic Ursuline Convent was the location to a champagne event called Bubbles, Bubbles, Bubbles (Yes, I know). This champagne tasting had my fingers on the point and shoot button because I fell in love.

Hand written notes from Thomas Jefferson! The statue of touchdown Hail Mary! Life size saint statues! The herb garden! The French Quarter backdrop! The art! The moustache door hinges! The Spanish architecture! As far as the event went - well, Nola you have the venue, your missing the eye candy. Too many boys in oversized pleated khaki pants, ladies in frump-a-lump paisley fo-silk shirts and not enough styled-out party goers I'm comfortable with. However, I didn't care about the people, I was all about the place!

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment